Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Act 3 Post ~

HELMER:
[sinks down on a chair at the door and buries his face in his hands]. Nora! Nora! [Looks round, and rises.] Empty. She is gone. [A hope flashes across his mind.] The most wonderful thing of all—?
[The sound of a door shutting is heard from below.]

Helmer: NORA! NORA! (Helmer rushes down the stair to look try to get Nora on time)
(Helmer reaches Nora and grabs her by the arm)
Nora: (turns around)
Helmer: Nora darling, I'm sorry for all thats happened..I dont want to lose you..I dont want this family to be broken apart..
Nora: Helmer, you seem to not understand..or have listened to any of the things I've told you..
Helmer: Yes dear, I've listened to what's been said..and I want to make things right. Do you realize all that you're leaving behind? Especially our children?
Nora: Yes Helmer..I know..But I need to do what's right..
Helmer: Doing whats right,. would mean you'd stay here..with your family
Nora: I cant stand the way things are here Helmer..You must change..
Helmer: As well as you Ms.Perfect?
Nora: This is what I'm talking about Helmer..
Helmer: (covers his mouth) I apologize Nora..
Nora: (speaking quietly and softly) If I stay will you change..? At least for the sake of our children?
Helmer: (looking Nora in the eyes) I'll do whatever it is..(speaking softly) shall we make a promise?
Nora: What's your promise?
Helmer: (Holds Nora's chin up) That I stop being in control of you, and being on top of you..and you just be honest with me and hide nothing from me? And tell me the truth and nothing but the truth? (Nora looks down, Helmer lifts her chin again) Even if its just about money?
Nora: I'll have to think about this Helmer.. I need to go..(pulls away and leaves)
Helmer: (puts his head down, while Nora walks away)
Nora: (stops walking)..Oh who am I kidding..(running to Helmer to give him a hug) I'll stay..
(The couple walks into the house holding hands, walking straight to office to organize all the problems they have, and making plans for the future."

No comments:

Post a Comment