After reading Acts 1 & 2 of a Doll’s house, I can say that there are some crazy characters in the story. Very crazy characters. Nora being one of them. Nora in general is just a sneaky, and wild woman. She’s a big money lover and does whatever she can get to get some cash. Even if that means ruining trust with her loved ones, or ruining friendships/relationships she has with others. The relationship Nora has with her husband, Helmer is just indescribable. Theres absolutely no words to describe the relationship they have. Helmer in general is a hard worker, that does what he has to do to support his wife and his children. Nora on the other hand, is more of a trophy wife. She gets all the rewarding for Helmer’s work, and doesn’t really care about anyone besides her children. The two compared to each other are totally different and I guess that’s what makes the relationship…..not ok.
Helmer, honestly must go through a lot with Nora. In both acts, he has done nothing but been on top of her, and demanding her to do better, because Nora is just somewhat hardheaded and doesn’t think outside the box. In some way. I feel bad for Nora but sometimes, people just need to be put in their place. It seems that Nora is used to the treatment Helmer gives her. But no matter what Helmer says/does, Nora will be Nora. If anything she should realize all that she’s done wrong, and try to fix things. Not be sarcastic, lie, and beat around the bush for lots of her mistakes. Nora as a character knows what she’s done wrong. Proof of that is when she says in Act 2 “ Torvald dear; criticize me, and show me where I’m wrong, the way you always do.” Like obviously she knows she’s messing up, why doesn’t she just try to fix things? I personally don’t really like Nora as a character. Her choices in the story aren’t good choices & it seems like she doesn’t care about others. All she cares about, is her money. Other than Helmer/Nora, there are other characters that keep the acts going great. I honestly like each and every other character more than I like Nora. I’m just curious to know what happens at the end. Hopefully this hardheaded woman gets caught lying! We shall see ;)

No comments:
Post a Comment